[3830] CQWW CW HC8N M/M HP

webform at b4h.net webform at b4h.net
Mon Dec 1 21:50:36 EST 2008

                    CQ Worldwide DX Contest, CW

Call: HC8N
Operator(s): W2VJN, W6NL, K6BL, N3RD, N5RZ, NY7M, N5KO
Station: HC8N

Class: M/M HP
QTH: Galapagos

  160:  1115    24       81
   80:  1924    32      118
   40:  3694    36       13
   20:  3495    40      152
   15:  2906    37      141
   10:   260    23       51
-------------------------------

Club: Northern California Contest Club

Comments:

We definitely experienced the disturbed conditions - this score is about 10
million points below our last m/m which was two years ago.  We had two new ops
this trip - Dave, N3RD who got his fill of shoveling on 40 meters and did a
fine job of it; and Lee, KY7M who swapped Africa for Galapagos and, being the
new guy, got 10 meters as a bonus.  He stuck it out on 10, did a great job
there, and did some relief operating on 80 as well.  Dave, W6NL was at the helm
on 80 doing a masterful job again this year, with needed help from Barb, K6BL.
The Gator (N5RZ) was in charge of getting a sweep and keeping lids under
control on 20.  George, W2VJN returned for 160M duties and did a great job
there.  K6AW was on 15 and N5KO filled in wherever and whenever needed, for as
long as necessary.

We used five K3´s this trip 160-15 and everyone was very pleased with the
radio´s performance.

Secial thanks to our hosts Guido, HC8GR and Chelita, HC8FR and their family for
their warm hospitality and friendship.  Thanks to the expeditions who make it
out to less-traveled places to put on rare mults, and thanks to everyone for
the qso´s.

73, Steve K6AW/HC1