[3830] CQWW CW 9A7T M/2 HP

webform at b4h.net webform at b4h.net
Tue Dec 2 04:56:38 EST 2008

                    CQ Worldwide DX Contest, CW

Call: 9A7T
Operator(s): 9A2EU 9A2NO 9A5MR
Station: 9A7T

Class: M/2 HP
QTH: Falascak

  160:  146    11       48
   80:  473    27       96
   40:  378    34      121
   20:  603    35      122
   15:  150    30       68
   10:   27     6       17

Club: Croatian Contest Club

Comments:

This was small scale M/2 operation with only one amplifier (400 W) and second TX
was TS950S barefoot.
1st station:
IC7400 + IC2KL, 2 el. quad (20/15/10), V160HD Titanex vertical(40/80/160)
2nd station
TS950S barefoot, DLP20 Titanex logperiodic (40/20/15/10), inverted V (40/80)
Conditions were great on 80, good on 20&40, bad on 15 and nonexistent on 10
meters. We had some good runs to NA on 20 & 80 meters, but otherwise it was
mostly s&p specially on second station. We are very pleased with multiplier
numbers on 80/40/20 meters. We missed lot of multipliers on 15 because we
couldnot get through to some of Carribeans and Pacific stations with low power.
On 160 linear amplifier was on strike till Sunday, so we missed lot of juicy
multipliers in Carribean area and in Asia that we couldnot reach with only 100
watts. DX cluster generated pileups were huge on all bands and was very
difficult to get through to some rare multis, sometimes it took up to 20
minutes to break these pileups, but it was fun anyway. We all went to sleep for
6 hours on Ssturday night, so we could work all Sunday long.
Anyway we are very pleased with our score with modest setup. See you all in 9A
CW Contest on December 20/21.
73 de Zlatko, 9A2EU