[3830] CQWW CW OK5W(@OK1KSO) M/S HP

webform at b4h.net webform at b4h.net
Tue Dec 2 09:38:51 EST 2008

                    CQ Worldwide DX Contest, CW

Call: OK5W
Operator(s): OK1AAU, OK1AEZ, OK1AMX, OK1CF, OK1DO, OK1FKD, OK1JR, OK1MJA, OK1NF, OK1TA, OK1WF, OK2ZW
Station: OK1KSO

Class: M/S HP
QTH: Vysluni
Operating Time (hrs):

  160:  166    22       84
   80:  844    34      125
   40: 1675    39      148
   20: 1197    37      134
   15:  352    32      112
   10:   58    13       47

Due bad icing we lost a wooden mast supporting 80m sloper system. It was a big
loss. Guys quickly put up a provisional sloper. It was more low dipole than
a sloper as it was sloping down from some 16 meters only. What a difference it
was compared to the original system we used to use in the past.
All other equipment worked fine except some problems with 160m PA.

It is unbelievable what is going on when a DX station is spotted. Dozen
of endless callers starts call and call immediately without hearing anything.
It getting worse and worse year to year I guess...
How the contesting was nice without DX-clusters. Do you remember?

73

Zdeno OK2ZW