[3830] CQWW CW KB1H M/2 HP

webform at b4h.net webform at b4h.net
Tue Dec 2 15:55:01 EST 2008

                    CQ Worldwide DX Contest, CW

Call: KB1H
Operator(s): KB1H, K1EBY, NB1U, W1UJ, KM1X, W1WBB, K1GX
Station: KB1H

Class: M/2 HP
QTH: FN41

  160:  101    15       51
   80:  428    25      101
   40:  793    33      124
   20: 1333    32      131
   15:  301    26      100
   10:   22     7       11

Club: Yankee Clipper Contest Club

Comments:

About five hours before the start of the contest the
20M rotaing beam would not move! Stuck south. KE1LI made a quick
exit from a family post-Thanksgiving gathering to come and make
a quick climb. I am still recovering from a knee replacement. All
Paul could do was move the antenna to Europe and pin it. No
rotating antenna on 20M for the weekend! Getting that one JA on
20M was a chore but we did it finally. Also missed many African
multipliers where huge pileups were the case.

W1UJ had two skimmers and a listening position feeding spots to
our internal network. One skimmer was using a new K3 for the IF
frequency so a quick band change on the K3 moved the skimmer.

Newbie W1WBB worked 160M Friday night and when not operating he
was feeding spots to the network from the listening position.

For more than three hours Saturday morning K1EBY tore quite a run off on
20M. At least three hours with 145+ or more.

15M was a big disappointment. Never a good run and usually if the
band is half way decent we do OK. Calling CQ on a quiet band was surprised
to get answered by OH0S for a double mult.

Again with no high horizontal(or any horizontal) 40M antenna our
band total on 40M is quite dismal compared to others. If we can
only finish our 150 foot tower and get that full size three element up!

The weather did not disappoint us either with several hours of
ice pellets adding to QRN.

Thanks for all the QSOs and logs will be uploaded to LOTW in a few
days. - 73 Dick , KB1H