[3830] CQ WW CW VP9I SOSB LP/20

Seppo Sisatto Seppo.Sisatto at uta.fi
Fri Dec 5 13:03:42 EST 2008

Call: VP9I
Opr: OH1VR
Operating time (hrs): 23
SOSB 14 MHz Low Power

2232 QSO's 26 Z's 104 C's

Score: 710 320 points

Station: IC-7000 + LDG AT-7000
           Ant.: A4S abt 5-6 mtrs high
           Win-Test 3.23 with microHam USB Interface II

Comments: My goal was 2 500 q's and I got
2 232 q's. Anyway it's 100 more than a
year ago. Multipliers were hard to find:
e.g. tried V51AS, T77C and ZP0R without results
but worked almmost all others I heard. JA7IC
was 339 on Sunday afternoon - no QSO and same with
still weaker VK. Lost zones 25,29 and 30.

Saturday afternoon US pile up's were great.
A couple of hours over 180 q's per hour with
low power. Sunday was more difficult: only four
hours over 100 q's when in Saturday the number
of those hours was eight. I operated only some
10+ hrs per a day. The band was almost closed
during night hours.

Anyway operating from Bermuda has been a great fun.
I would like to thank again Ed VP9GE for his
hospitality and an opportunity to use his apartment
and antennas for my operation.

Congratulations to C6AKQ for a great score!

Thank you all who called me!

Seppo OH1VR