[3830] CQWW CW IO4T M/S HP

webform at b4h.net webform at b4h.net
Sat Dec 6 17:44:52 EST 2008

                    CQ Worldwide DX Contest, CW

Call: IO4T
Operator(s): I1HJT, IK4VET, IK4XCL, IK4ZHH, IZ4EFN
Station: IO4T

Class: M/S HP
QTH: MODENA

  160:  204    13       58
   80:  858    23       96
   40: 1481    35      133
   20: 1170    34      119
   15:  242    30       95
   10:   21     8       21

First full time m/s on cqww cw at IO4T.

Some problems:
- on rx antenna on 1st night (cables cut and eaten by animals)
- big noise on yagis during heavy rain time
- ethernet broken few minutes after grey line saturady kept us 30m away from
operating.

Anyway great contest. We must prefer CW than phone judging on qso number.
Our 40m score is simply unbelievable for us: until few month ago we ran 40 with
dipole.

More operator presence in shack would increase mults score.

RUN          MULT
FT1000MP -   IC761
AL1500   -   AL1200
Filters dunestar, stubs, switches boxes by IZ4EFN.

IO4T roof:
10m 4/4 yagi @5m/11m
15m 5L @11m)
20m 5L @17m
10/15/20 spiderbeam 7m
40m 3L KLM linear loaded @12m
80m 1/4 vertical "biscia"
160m dipole

IO4T forest(2-300m of coax away from shack):
K9AY, bvg 200m to USA, bvg 160m to JA, when connected)

Tnx to Alfeo I1HJT for join us for the first time, tnx to Filippo IK4ZHH for
coming back in Modena once more.

Some photos
http://www.arimodena.it/contest-hf-io4t/contest-archive/2008/cqww-dx-cw/cqww-dx-cw-io4t-m-s/view

Andrea