[3830] ARRL 160 K1EP Single Op LP

webform at b4h.net webform at b4h.net
Sun Dec 7 07:37:47 EST 2008

                    ARRL 160-Meter Contest

Call: K1EP
Operator(s): K1EP
Station: K1EP

Class: Single Op LP
QTH: MA

Total:  QSOs = 912  Sections = 66  Countries = 22  Total Score = 170,016

Club: Yankee Clipper Contest Club

Comments:

Wow, great contest!  Just finished putting up my new stealth antenna this week,
trimming it on Friday.  Conditions were a little noisy, but the antenna seemed
to play.  I had a rough start, even though I had checked everything out.  For
some reason, the programmed keys were sending garbage instead of my call at
first.  A quick reprogramming of the keys seemed to fix it and I only lost the
first couple of minutes :)  I had a few good first hours, having a run of over
an hour at 90+.   I had many DX call me during my runs which always feels good.
 Worked at least two new band countries, E7 and 5K0.  The pileup on 5K0 was
huge, so I just waited and came back a few hours later and got him on the first
try.  Worked 47 states, missed KH6, WY, and (as usual) KL7.  Didn't work an NNY
the first day.  Then, during the second night in a span of 15 minutes, THREE
called me.  Was thrilled to get a ND call me too.  Heard a VE5 in S&P but
couldn't find him.  Missed VE4,5,6, and 8.  And of course 2/3 of CA.  Just no
CA, except for SV.  Worked several SV, one EB and one SCV.  Nothing else,
nadda.  Well, I think that the antenna is working and looking forward to the SP
TBDC in a couple of weeks.  Thanks for the Qs.  73