[3830] ARRL 160 KI9A M/S HP

webform at b4h.net webform at b4h.net
Sun Dec 7 08:30:00 EST 2008

                    ARRL 160-Meter Contest

Call: KI9A
Operator(s): KI9A
Station: KI9A

Class: M/S HP
QTH: il

Total:  QSOs = 438  Sections = 68  Countries = 3  Total Score = 62,835

Club: Society of Midwest Contesters

Comments:

Over 400 Q's in 5 hours..thats close enough to 100/hr to be really fun!!
Considering I have no listening antennas, and my transmit antenna is pretty
much cobbled together, it was a blast.

Did not operate Friday evening, so, Saturday morning, I went outside, cut the
450 ohm ladderline that feeds my 135' long dipole ( at 50 feet ), and shorted
them together at ground level. I drove a 8' ground rod, and laid 6 radials of
various lengths from 30' to 100' out on the ground. Worked mainly from 2100z
Saturday, on and off until about 0400z, then again for a bit Sunday AM. 99.9%
was running, with just a small handfull of S&P.  Sure wish I would have done
this earlier, and been on Friday eveing also. Just goes to prove you can get on
160, and have fun, with almost anything.

73- Chuck KI9A