[3830] ARRL 160 KR2Q Single Op QRP

webform at b4h.net webform at b4h.net
Sun Dec 7 08:47:31 EST 2008

                    ARRL 160-Meter Contest

Call: KR2Q
Operator(s): KR2Q
Station: KR2Q

Class: Single Op QRP
QTH: NNJ FN20ru

Total:  QSOs = 261  Sections = 45  Countries = 0  Total Score = 23,490

Was looking forward to this one.  Got home from work, had dinner, went upstairs
and turned on the rig and computer and..... fell asleep.  First QSO in the log
at 0926z.  UGH...missed almost the entire first night.

Best DX: W0UA @ ~1625 miles
2nd best DX:  K5NA @ ~1500 miles

George sounded as happy to work me as I was to work him.
First time I've worked Richard in many years of trying...Yay!

Compared to last year: 3 less hours and 59 fewer QSO's.  1 more section worked
but 4 fewer countries (ie, zero).

Had a strange band noise here which covered the band...didn't help.

de Doug KR2Q