[3830] ARRL 160 W8AV Single Op HP

webform at b4h.net webform at b4h.net
Sun Dec 7 11:27:53 EST 2008

                    ARRL 160-Meter Contest

Call: W8AV
Operator(s): W8AV
Station: W8AV

Class: Single Op HP
QTH: Ohio
Operating Time (hrs): 16:49

Total:  QSOs = 918  Sections = 70  Countries = 17  Total Score = 167,040

Club: Mad River Radio Club

Comments:

Got a bit of a late start as I only decided to play in this contest at the last
minute. Did not plan a serious effort, was just planning on tunig and working
DX.  But called CQ for a while nad had some really good rates on Friday night.
Went to bed at about 0630 UTC on Saturday morning because of the heavy QRN and
did not get up to check for any JA or Pacific openings at my SR.

Condx on Saturday nite were worse as the QRN was over S-9 here.  Thank goodness
for beverages and the Timewave box.  It made it much easier to pull stations out
of the noise.  I heard EA8TT the first night, YT0A and RL3FT on the second night
but could not get them to hear me which tells me that the QRN was rough in EU as
well.  Went to sleep at 0700 the second night and got up for the SR opening but
heavy QRN made it impossible to hear or work and DX to the west.

Sections missed NNY, PR, PAC, AK, SB, ND, NL, MB, SK, and NT.  Heard a ND
station several times working people but could never get him to answer my CQ.

Thanks to all for the Q's and mults