[3830] ARRL 160 K9MUG Single Op HP

webform at b4h.net webform at b4h.net
Sun Dec 7 11:50:12 EST 2008

                    ARRL 160-Meter Contest

Call: K9MUG
Operator(s): K9MUG
Station: K9MUG

Class: Single Op HP
QTH: Al

Total:  QSOs = 643  Sections = 70  Countries = 18  Total Score = 119,240

Club: Alabama Contest Group

Comments:

Each evning started the same way. I found a run freq. around 1845 and stayed
there until I was forced to take a break. Upon return, there was no place to go
so I went to bed. I worked everything east of the mississippi except Puerto
Rico.Got the rest of the midwest, but never heard WY,AK,PAC,LAX,SDG. Also issed
NL,MB,SK,NT.

My 50 foot high inv "L" surprised At one point during the second evening,
I was called by GI4KSH, DJ0MDR,G3LET,YU1XX,FM5BH,RZ3EM,SV3RF,UT3UA,P43JB. I
worked ON,OM,G4,E77,HI,5K,ZF,PJ2 in the dx window. Those seven radials were
great!

My biggest disappointment was rhe rx antennas that I hastily put up.

Benjamin Franklin said " marry in haste and repent at your leisure". That
applies to putting up rx antennas as well.

Thanks to all who Q'd, Happy holidays to all, and good luck in the remainder of
the dx season.

73,
Darrell aka Rod