[3830] ARRL 160 K2RD(@K6IDX) M/S HP

webform at b4h.net webform at b4h.net
Sun Dec 7 18:21:08 EST 2008

                    ARRL 160-Meter Contest

Call: K2RD
Operator(s): K2RD
Station: K6IDX

Class: M/S HP
QTH: Sacramento Valley

Total:  QSOs = 462  Sections = 77  Countries = 6  Total Score = 77,154

Club: Northern California Contest Club

Comments:

Thanks to Brad, K6IDX for use of his fine station and his Sierra mountain
hospitality.

Conditions started out terrible and got worse from there. Seemed like there was
one-way skip from the east coast a lot of the time.  We could hear them but ...

Our new inverted-L with raised radials performed substantially better than our
old antenna.  We found that the 80M 4-square was a great rx antenna for 160 and
even showed some directivity.

Was single-op but resorted to packet on second night to see where the missing
mults were.  Unfortunately packet didn't help much.  Missed RI, NLI, NNY, DE,
PR, WTX, NL, MB, NT.  Heard four of them but couldn't get the Q.

See you all in CQWW 160 in January.