[3830] CQWW CW LY2IJ SOSB/80 HP

webform at b4h.net webform at b4h.net
Mon Dec 8 10:17:58 EST 2008

                    CQ Worldwide DX Contest, CW

Call: LY2IJ
Operator(s): LY2IJ
Station: LY2IJ

Class: SOSB/80 HP
QTH:

  160: 1592    30      105
Total: 1592    30      105  Total Score = 346,410

Club: Lithuanian Contest Group

Comments:

Murphy came early this time -
I was taraned on my way to station before contest- not that nice expierence
at all at 01:10 am local, so lost first most juicy 70 minutes. But
forgot it all after 10 minutes of operation. Lost other 2.5 hours for driving
from/to station for day break.
Condtions were outstanding, rates good including mults calling,  but not easy
or even possible to break pile-up on DX, so spent most of time CQing.
First ever KH6 in contest, missed zones 6, 11, 12 ,13, 26, 32, 36-39.
10 stations from zone 3, 6 - from zone 40, 6 VK's, 225 USA+ 25 VE, JA7OEM 1
hour
after his Sunrise, KV4FZ 40 minutes after my Sunrise, 208 DL's, 92 JAs,
158 UAs + 75 UA9/0 and missed  3A, ITU, VIC, 9H, C3, GJ, GU, GM/s, T7, TA1,
EL2, HL, ZL and many Caribeans.
It was nice to sit with VE7GL on almost same freq for 20minutes Sunday evening
(at 17 UTC or so)- he was running JAs and didn't hear me.

Equipment - shining K3 with LP-pan, 7 Beverages 220..340m long each, PA and 3
phased dipoles on 80m tower switchable in 6 directions.

Sorry for slow reaction - I need to select right RX antenna, tune RIT and
narrow filter in case of weak sigs and QRM - many stations didn't wait so long
- sri.

TU for contacts!
73 Arunas