[3830] ARRL 160 F6CWN(F6FGZ) Single Op HP

webform at b4h.net webform at b4h.net
Mon Dec 8 12:32:28 EST 2008

                    ARRL 160-Meter Contest

Call: F6CWN
Operator(s): F6FGZ
Station: F6CWN

Class: Single Op HP
QTH: France

Total:  QSOs = 524  Sections = 52  Countries = 0  Total Score = 54,496

Club: LNDX

Comments:

We had fun !

After a lot of  pre-contest work done by Jeff F6CWN, assisted by Stéphane
F4CNH and SWL Marc, we were almost ready. We setup Beverages antennas Friday
under a cold rain, nothing unusual for the season …
Shunt fed tower has been redesigned by Jeff F6CWN and the new matching is
working well, after some close trees had been sacrified. Same phased triple
Beverages has been used like two years ago and is still performing well.
Startup of the contest was not high in rate but increased to an 80 Q/h peak at
the fourth hour then drop to low until very low at the end of the first night.
We had some static rain and some thunderstorm which is not usual for the season
… Fortunately it was not for a long time. We end first night with 340 Q’s
and was nice to be called by KL7HBK :)
Second night was a lot slower in rate, having to S&P for several hours. Thanks
Jeff and Stephane to stay most of the night for chatting …
We ended the contest without a W6 or W7 in the log and never heard NE, WTX and
NNY as well. We missed all Canadian stations from MB to NT. PR was missed in
the Carribeans.
Some pictures[1] of the station can be seen and an audio[2] log will be on line
after dead line for those wanting to hear their signals from the other side of
the Atlantic ocean.

Thanks to Jeff’s family for the very nice hosting, Stéphane for the support
and Marc for the fun he always have !

73 de Gérard / F6FGZ

[1] http://f6fgz.free.fr/ARRL_160_2008/
[2] http://f6fgz.free.fr/ARRL_160_2008_Audio/