[3830] ARRL 10 N5AU SO CW HP

webform at b4h.net webform at b4h.net
Sun Dec 14 19:17:29 EST 2008

                    ARRL 10-Meter Contest

Call: N5AU
Operator(s): N5AU
Station: N5AU

Class: SO CW HP
QTH: TX

   CW:  492    59
  SSB:
-------------------
Total:  492    59  Total Score = 116,112

Club: North Texas Contest Club

Comments:

I actually got to run some this contest.   The local buzz to the NE stayed off
long enough so I could hear OK most of the time without having to use the
blanker.

The band was pretty good Sunday morning on Es.    N4ARR was +40db at times.
Many other very loud signals as well.

It was amazing how the band suddenly went completely "dead" again at 2400Z
Sunday.   Contests are wonderful things.

Antennas:

NE stack:  4 over 4 M2 yagis at 100 over 70.
Rotary:    7L M2 yagi at 70
SE:        5L Telrex yagi at 50