[3830] ARRL 10 K7BG SO CW HP

webform at b4h.net webform at b4h.net
Sun Dec 14 19:54:15 EST 2008

                    ARRL 10-Meter Contest

Call: K7BG
Operator(s): K7BG
Station: K7BG

Class: SO CW HP
QTH: MT

   CW:  223    35
  SSB:
-------------------
Total:  223    35  Total Score = 31,220

Club: Northern Rockies DX Association

Comments:

Minus 22 deg F here right now at the end of contest. We were away at a high
school basketball tournament 100 miles from home when the contest started. We
managed to beat the nastiest blizzard we've had in a long time getting home
just as it hit with full force. White out conditions and strong winds all night
and Saturday. A few sheets of the barn roof disapeared, but only one antenna is
in need of repair on the tower from the look of things.
Saturday had some good meteor activity and a nice Es opening to the midwest
later in the evening. Even worked a few east coast stations. K4EA and K4TD were
the only stations heard out that way most of the time.
Sunday morning had a little Es to CA and AZ. I worked 62 CA stations for 28
percent of my total Qs.
Heard PY and CX, but they couldn't hear my KW and 5 elements. Worked one LU and
one XE for the only DX in the log.
It's crazy how this band is alive even though it's dead what with 31 states
worked. Worked 6 MT stations which was nice.
Top QSO states:CA-62; AZ-25; TX-16; CO-13; MN-12; WA-10; IL-10.

Thanks for the Qs and nice to say hi to old friends.
Matt--K7BG

IC-765 to KW
105CA at 65' fixed ESE and TH3 at 23' pointed SW most of the time.