[3830] ARRL 10 W1KQ SO CW HP

webform at b4h.net webform at b4h.net
Mon Dec 15 00:47:25 EST 2008

                    ARRL 10-Meter Contest

Call: W1KQ
Operator(s): W1KQ
Station: W1KQ

Class: SO CW HP
QTH: EMA

   CW:  83     27
  SSB:
-------------------
Total:  83     27  Total Score = 8,964

Club: Yankee Clipper Contest Club

Comments:

10m band sounded crappy except during occasional short openings.  Lots and lots
of QSB.  Would liked to have been down at LU or PY as they were having serial
numbers in the 7 and 8 hundreds.  Ran the FT-1000D mostly at 200 watts and then
400 watts (+3 dB) with AL-811H later on.  No ice storm related damage or power
outage at my location but brought my 7.5KW generator to work (HRO-NH) Friday
night.  Would like to have been on more but had to work on Sat. [power was back
up in Salem].  Had company Christmas dinner during the last five hours of the
contest on Sunday.  This effort was CW only...Am becoming a CW addict it seems.
 Very fine mode.