[3830] ARRL 10 W6YX(N7MH) SO Mixed HP

webform at b4h.net webform at b4h.net
Mon Dec 15 11:18:25 EST 2008

                    ARRL 10-Meter Contest

Call: W6YX
Operator(s): N7MH
Station: W6YX

Class: SO Mixed HP
QTH: CA

   CW:  305    40
  SSB:  298    37
-------------------
Total:  603    77  Total Score = 139,832

Club: Northern California Contest Club

Comments:

After slogging through Friday evening and Saturday working almost exclusively
the 6 and 7 areas of the US and Canada plus Colorado it was nice to have the
band open up on Sunday morning.

The opening started with VE2, VE3 and NY then spread to W1 and went south to TN
and NC and east to MI.  Usually we work many FL and TX Q's here, but this year I
only worked one FL on phone and a total of 3 TX.  No W9's except for WB9Z who
called me on phone and said I was his first CA.

On Saturday I briefly heard W0AIH working K0MPH around 2100Z but he was working
midwest stations only and didn't hear me calling before he faded out.  I missed
GA on phone - heard K4BAI on Sunday but he was underneath a loud local and was
working other east coast stations.  I called N4BP a bunch of times on CW but he
continued CQing or worked other closer stations, so I missed FL on CW.

After working KH7Y on CW I suggested a QSY to SSB, but he said later - never
heard him on phone.  I also missed the ZL's and FO that were worked by others
local to me.  I must have been CQing in that direction at the wrong times.

Thanks for all the Q's.  Hopefully next year has some sunspots.

-Mike, N7MH