[3830] ARRL 10 N6HC SO Mixed HP

webform at b4h.net webform at b4h.net
Mon Dec 15 19:19:45 EST 2008

                    ARRL 10-Meter Contest

Call: N6HC
Operator(s): N6HC
Station: N6HC

Class: SO Mixed HP
QTH: ORG

   CW:  183    21
  SSB:  160    14
-------------------
Total:  343    35  Total Score = 36,750

Club: Southern California Contest Club

Comments:

This year the ten meter contest was just like a six meter contest...work all the
locals and wait for a band opening to who knows where.  How frustrating to only
work a handful of stations east of the Mississippi river (FL, GA).  About half
the time I ran barefoot (100 watts) and only turned the amplifier on when I
couldn't raise a station that I could copy;  I only ran about 400 watts with
the amplifier and no neighbors complained about RFI.  Tranequatorial
propagation was present for part of the time.  I managed to find LU, HK, CX and
HP but no XE, PY, TI, HR, YN, and no Caribbean stations!  I'm looking forward to
the return of our beloved ten meter band in five years..when we can make over 1K
QSOs without breaking a sweat and work WAS, WAC and DXCC in a single weekend
using QRP and a "wet noodle" antenna.
Thanks to all the usual suspects who gave of their time on this second weekend
of December to toil in the contest.  Best wishes for a happy holiday season and
a prosperous new year.  See you in the pile-ups.
Arnie  N6HC