[3830] ARRL 10 N4EK SO CW LP

webform at b4h.net webform at b4h.net
Thu Dec 18 10:44:42 EST 2008

                    ARRL 10-Meter Contest

Call: N4EK
Operator(s): N4EK
Station: N4EK

Class: SO CW LP
QTH: Dunnellon, Florida
Operating Time (hrs):

   CW:  114    25
  SSB:
-------------------
Total:  114    25  Total Score = 11,400

Club: Florida Contest Group

Comments:

well, this was not my week. it started on thursday afternoon. i was headed out
to split some wood for the next cold snap when my wife said we have no water. i
went out to the submersible pump and smelled something burnt in the control box.
the run capacitor had exploded. i called the only motor shop in town and he said
a new one was $30. looked it up on line $10, but i needed it now. got the new
and got the water back on. friday morning i turn on the computer i use for
logging and the mouse was frozen. rebooted, same thing. tried another mouse, no
change. so i brought up ct in dos, filled out the info screens. it would change
modes. that's ok, i was coming down with a bad head cold. i get on for the test
and only worked 14 qso's with 190 cq's in the first hour. decided to go watch a
movie with the wife in the family room where we had a fire going. five minutes
into the movie the tv goes pop and goes out. won't turn back on. then i smelled
something burning. unplugged the tv and took out to the shop and took one off
the porch to finish the movie. now on cold meds to try and clear my head. next
morning wanted to sleep all day. got a few qso's on saturday and a little
better on sunday. so hope the ss appears by next year.

73,
ed N4EK
ps: i fixed the tv on tuesday!!