[3830] OK RTTY ZC4LI SOAB HP

webform at b4h.net webform at b4h.net
Sun Dec 21 08:22:06 EST 2008

                    OK DX RTTY Contest

Call: ZC4LI
Operator(s): STEVE
Station: ZC4LI

Class: SOAB HP
QTH: ESBA CYPRUS

   80:  137   0       0         0
   40:  340   0       0         0
   20:  295   0       0         0
   15:  033   0       0         0
   10:  000   0       0         0
-------------------------------------
Total:  805   0       0         0  Total Score = 12,345

SO1.75R

Antennas:-   C/Craft A3S @ 50ft - JBeam @ 25ft - Titanex 160HD
Amp:-        Acom 1000
Rigs:-       Radio 1 Icom 756 PRO3 - Radio 2 Icom 756
Software:-   Wintest 3.24 Dev  {Using JARTS Contest}

Thanks to the organisers and to everyone for the Q's.
Thought that I would give my very limited SO2R set up
a try which meant having to plug and unplug a lot of
leads into stubs,filters and various appliances on
changing bands.
I kept the power down to around 300W on both rigs and
all went well until the last third of the contest when
the Amp on Radio 1 closed down with an ''Arcing Fault''
I couldn't solve the problem so after rejigging the
leads I reverted to SO1R. No problems, the Amp and Radio
1 worked perfectly so it looks like back to the drawing
board. If anyone has any ideas on the problem they would
be most welcome.
I also appear to have fallen foul of the 5 minute band change
rule, my software doesn't support the contest so I cannot
post a score, and I am too lazy to sort it out. Hopefully the
organisers will sort it for me.
I did enjoy the contest though and the SO2R effort was also
enjoyable even though it did mean that I could not concentrate
on the sport whilst watching the telly. Things can only get
better.

Log is on LoTW for paper cards pse see QRZ.COM

73 and hope to be doing a bit in the Stew next weekend if
not see you in the Roundup - more than likely as SO1R.

Steve.