[3830] CQWW CW IG9X(IK1QBT) SOSB(A)/80 HP

webform at b4h.net webform at b4h.net
Tue Dec 23 17:31:48 EST 2008

                    CQ Worldwide DX Contest, CW

Call: IG9X
Operator(s): IK1QBT
Station: IG9X

Class: SOSB(A)/80 HP
QTH: Lampedusa Isl.

   80: 1941    30       95
Total: 1941    30       95  Total Score = 702,125

After good experience in 2006 from Pantelleria Island in M/M IH9P,
I returned in African Italy zone 33, for the first time as SOSB 80m
from IG9 Lampedusa Island.
Setup Icom 751A, TL922, fiberglass vertical antenna 1/4 wave homemade, for RX
two EWE directions NW-NE and one short beverages to N, contest Logging
QARtest.
Vy bad WX condition, before and during the contest, strong wind 45/55 nodes,
during almost all the contest, they have penalized quite a bit the
performance.
Four hours before the start, my antenna was serius damaged by strong
squall of wind and for the first 7 hours I used an Inverted V dipole,
at 6 meters on the ground. Only saturday morning, I have been able to repair
the vertical antenna, and then I begun to be really competitive with the
good setup.
Many thanks to everyone who called me during the contest.

See you on next year!
Tony IK1QBT/IG9X