[3830] TBDC N5IA(@N5BG) Single Op QRP

webform at b4h.net webform at b4h.net
Sun Dec 28 12:59:39 EST 2008

                    Stew Perry Topband Challenge

Call: N5IA
Operator(s): N5IA
Station: N5BG

Class: Single Op QRP
QTH: DM52 NM

Total:  QSOs = 178  Total Score = 2,124

A full time effort with a single radio as I could not get SO2R working with a
new PC and new logging software.

Conditions were quite poor overall from this location, with only brief
spotlight openings to limited areas.

The band got noisier as the night went on.  Slowest hour was the last one, 1300
to 1400 when only two new contacts were made.  We need more participants.  Still
an average of 13 per hour for the whole contest.

To fill in the time at each end I operated HP with the club callsign for one
hour Saturday morning and the last hour of the contest this morning.  Lots of
fun.

Happy New Year to all.  Thanks for all the contacts; in this one, and all the
other Topband contests this past year.  Especially CQ 160 SSB from VP6DX.

73 de Milt, N5IA