[3830] TBDC K0PK Single Op QRP

webform at b4h.net webform at b4h.net
Mon Dec 29 09:24:44 EST 2008

                    Stew Perry Topband Challenge

Call: K0PK
Operator(s): K0PK
Station: K0PK

Class: Single Op QRP
QTH: Northern MN EN37rk

Total:  QSOs = 250  Total Score = 2,523

Club: Minnesota Wireless Association

Comments:

Scored by N1MM logger.

This year's final score isn't going to win any prizes, but it may be a little
better than last year's. I did make my goal to work CE1/K7CA, so I'm happy with
that.

Conditions seemed fairly good, but patchy. Had a spotlight opening to G/GM/EI.
Heard a lot more DX than I could work w/QRP. Biggest thrill was working
CE1/K7CA. That's a long haul for five watts from northern MN! Al's new receive
antenna must be working. Other DX worked included G3OLB, GM3POI, KH6LC & KV4FZ.
All of them were tough contacts with several repeats. The ops on the other end
were really doing the heavy lifting. Thanks, guys!

Setup: FT2000 & TS940 @ 5 watts, 95' TLSF vertical TX ant., Zepp, Loop & Short
Bev. RX ants.

CU in CQWW-160!   73- Paul, K0PK