[3830] TBDC K9NW(@K9UWA) Single Op HP

webform at b4h.net webform at b4h.net
Mon Dec 29 12:36:01 EST 2008

                    Stew Perry Topband Challenge

Call: K9NW
Operator(s): K9NW
Station: K9UWA

Class: Single Op HP
QTH: IN

Total:  QSOs = 378  Total Score = 1,234

Club: Mad River Radio Club

Comments:

It's always fun to mix it up in the Stew.

Upon arrival I discovered half of the antenna broke from the recent ice/wind.
So I was down to two directions - SE/NW.  Then there were thunderstorms
overhead or nearby most of the night.  Managed to get a few of the usual
big-signal EU guys in the log but it was tough to hear much in that direction
through the QRN and off the SE or NW antennas.  So I bagged it after a few
hours.  Tried again in the morning and things were a bit quieter after the
storms had moved on to the east and I could focus on the NW antenna.  3 JA with
decent signals made it into the log.

Happy New Year!!

73, Mike K9NW