[3830] TBDC KY4F Single Op LP

webform at b4h.net webform at b4h.net
Tue Dec 30 07:28:43 EST 2008

                    Stew Perry Topband Challenge

Call: KY4F
Operator(s): KY4F
Station: KY4F

Class: Single Op LP
QTH: Lexington, KY

Total:  QSOs = 63  Total Score = 167

Club: Kentucky Contest Group

Comments:

Well folks... my monster array of an antenna comes through again.  I currently
live in a condo and have managaged to connect a wire to the downspout near my
unit's patio (2nd floor).  The down spout is connected to the gutter, and
eventually a number of other downspouts and gutter sections.  I tryed to model
it with MMANNA-GAL, but found it futile since I had to estimate so much of
data.  Anyway, I have two "counter poise" wires wrapped around the patio and
use a SCG-239 to tune the system.  I also run low power so as not to impact my
fellow condo occupants!  So, when I make a Q on 160, I happy..  To my 63.. I'm
extatic!  Thanks for the contacts and see in CQ 160.