[3830] TBDC G4TSH(@G0KPW) Single Op HP

webform at b4h.net webform at b4h.net
Wed Dec 31 14:03:51 EST 2008

                    Stew Perry Topband Challenge

Call: G4TSH
Operator(s): G4TSH
Station: G0KPW

Class: Single Op HP
QTH:

Total:  QSOs = 596  Total Score = 4,733

My first attempt at this event and thoroughly enjoyed it.

I decided to get on at around 17:30 and go through to 07:30 next morning
for my 14 hours.
Things started well with a good selection of EU and DX to the East.  The
JA's were in good form and by their sun up I had put 52 of them in the
log.  Conditions to NA were somewhat poorer than I had hoped and signals
were not anything like as strong as expected with much QSB later in the
night destroying a number of potential QSO's. ODX was VK6VZ. Total grids -
300.

Antenna system was a 33m top loaded vertical and 80m 4sq or K9AY for
receive.  Still some work to do on this system and am hoping for better
results in the future.  Any reports on what my signal sounded like in
comparison with others from EU would be welcome.

Thanks to Bob, G4BAH for letting me loose on the station.  Roll on CQ160!

73
Justin, G4TSH