[3830] RTTY Roundup G6PZ(M0SDX) Single Op HP

webform at b4h.net webform at b4h.net
Sat Feb 2 18:46:25 EST 2008

                    ARRL RTTY Roundup

Call: G6PZ
Operator(s): M0SDX
Station: G6PZ

Class: Single Op HP
QTH: EASTERTOWN
Operating Time (hrs):

Total: 1485  State/Prov = 52  Countries = 73  Total Score = 185,625

A quick ditty from the G6PZ camp. Call G6PZ SO HP ( Op Serge M0SDX )

I did this one a few years ago with Serge and whilst he was back in the UK
for a short time he called me up and suggested another shot at "Roundup"
As Serge is the expert we decided that he did  single op and I would try and
keep the station "on air" especially as it was going to be a rough night.

Everything worked without any drama other than the WX, very high winds were
causing some trouser related issues as the 3 Strumech's swayed quite
alarmingly in the gale coming up off the Bristol Channel..
However the aerials did survive but the 80m phased verticals were more
horizontal than not causing a good workout of the swr meter.
Not much VE activity heard but some good  Westcoast openings on 20 and 40
throughout the weekend.
The new 4 ele MonstIR  performed very well on 40, with huge runs into NA
that were a blast.
80m was nice finishing with a mini NA run right at the end of the contest.
The " off period " negated the big openings to the Far East but some JA's
and VK's etc. did find their way into the log.
Overall very enjoyable watching someone else do all the hard work, I think
that we must do some more RTTY ! cu in the next one ( maybe ).

73 Paul
G6PZ

 Unchecked score

      QSO    DX     STATES     PROV
80    309     38         27              4
40    504     49         38              3
20    592     46         45              5
15    080     19         17              3
      1485     73        45              7

TOTAL 185'625