[3830] NA Sprint CW K7SS QRP

webform at b4h.net webform at b4h.net
Sat Feb 2 23:52:38 EST 2008

                    NA Sprint CW Contest

Call: K7SS
Operator(s): K7SS
Station: K7SS

Class: Single Op QRP
QTH: wa

---------------------

Club: Western Washington DX Club

Team:

Comments:

WHEW !!!   what a dramatic change to go from K7RI station (did NA from there
last time) w/ stack on 20 and 4 el on 40, to home station (low sloper and
longwire and steppir).. AND THEN DO QRP ! I think the rest of the QRP guys will
concede that the word of the week, is "HUMBLING".  With HP you get most guys you
call, with QRP you miss most guys you call. CQing was fruitless but did have a
few surprises when left w/ an empty freq after a couplet. recall K7SV calling
on 40.. a nice surprise. Missed but heard ALL the time everywhere were: N2NT
and N6TR, no NJ and no OR, next door state. 80 was a W6 marathon, and finally
got good in the last half hour, when some of the HP guys CQs went unanswered,
and offered an opening for them to hear the 5 watt guys. NEVER got thru to
anyone called when there was someone else calling them. My thanks to the
minions of W6s on 80 who took the time to get the repeated info, not a single
station gave up after hearing me, they stuck with it. Good fun !!