[3830] NA Sprint CW N6AA HP

webform at b4h.net webform at b4h.net
Sun Feb 3 02:35:49 EST 2008

                    NA Sprint CW Contest

Call: N6AA
Operator(s): N6AA
Station: N6AA

Class: Single Op HP
QTH: California

   80:   97    1.07
   40:  110    1.55
   20:  125    1.38
---------------------

Club: Southern California Contest Club

Team: SCCC #1

Comments:

An hour or so before the start went outside to tie one end of 80-meter wire
antenna off, since it was on the ground. Noticed a seemingly out-of-place piece
of aluminum in a tree. Turned out to be the reflector of my 40-meter 2-L beam,
which had been relocated, apparently by wind. The driven element was still on
the boom, but rotated 90 degrees to vertical, and touching the boom of the
tri-bander below it. This configuration proved to be extremely suboptimal.

20 and 80 were very good, but 40, which is normally my most competitive band,
was a real struggle.

Worked all multipliers heard. Missed Ia, Id, La, Me, Nd, Ne, Nv, Ri, Ut, Vt,
VE2, VE4, VE5, and VE8, as well as XF4, TI9, and Navassa.