[3830] NA Sprint CW N2NL HP

webform at b4h.net webform at b4h.net
Sun Feb 3 11:01:40 EST 2008

                    NA Sprint CW Contest

Call: N2NL
Operator(s): N2NL
Station: N2NL

Class: Single Op HP
QTH: FL

---------------------

Club: Florida Contest Group

Team: Southeast Sprint Coalition #1

Comments:

Ugh - it's bad when guys ask me for number fills because they are expecting to
hear a larger number.

I operated this one from home - with only one radio and vertical antennas over
salt water.  For domestic contests, verticals work great on 80, OK on 40, and
are absolutely craptacular on 20.  The first half of the contest was extremely
frustrating for me.

I felt myself wishing to be at a better station, but being on from home was
better than not being on at all.  I was scheduled to be underway during the
contest period, but we ended up burning an extra 2500 gallons of diesel to pull
in early :)

Hopefully our operational schedule will allow me to travel back to K1PT in
September for the next one.

73, Dave N2NL/4