[3830] MnQP K0RC Single Op LP

webform at b4h.net webform at b4h.net
Mon Feb 4 11:53:14 EST 2008

                    Minnesota QSO Party

Call: K0RC
Operator(s): K0RC
Station: K0RC

Class: Single Op LP
QTH: MN

  160:      13
   80:     129       48
   40:      64
   20:      43       12
   15:       2
   10:               16
-------------------------
Total:     251       76  Mults = 82  Total Score = 47,396

Club: Twin City DX Association

Comments:

I had a very slow start this year... I stayed up too late and missed the first
20 minutes of the Party... The remaining 40 minutes of the first hour only
netted 21 QSOs... I know I'm not the sharp end of the tack in the mornings...
this is just further proof if you needed it!

After the coffee kicked in, the QSO total for hour 2 shot up to 62. It was the
second best hour with 63 qso's in the last hour. Eighty and 160m were in good
shape during the last hour. I could actually hear the mobiles!

Last year I had 0 DX qso's but this year 4 stations found me... There were two
DL's and a G that called on 20m a little before 11:00 AM local time. CU2JT
called me on 80m but he was a minute late, so that QSO is a "non-counter".

Last year I worked 30 counties, this year it was 49. You would have thought my
County Coverage tool would give me some sort of advantage so I could get all
87... Not a chance... I don't think that is possible from inside Minnesota...

Last year I worked 35 states, this year it was down two, to 33. I logged 3
Canadian provinces both years.

For the number of qso's, 44% of my log was with MN stations, a total of 146
entries. Last year MN was only 33% of the log. The top 5 states worked this
year were WI=18, TX=13, OH=12, MI=10, and VA=9.

Last year I had 2 more US multipliers (35) compared to this year (33). There
were no Alaska or Hawaii stations heard from this qth.

For MN counties, there's no surprise the top 5 qso producers were HEN, WSH,
RAM, STL, and ANO. Kind of surprising was Pennington followed in 6th place.

This year 80m was the band that produced almost 55% of my qso's, even though I
had a +10 dB noise level all day long.

Forty meters produced 19.5% of the qso's and 20m followed close with 16.7%.

I found 10m open and worked 16 fellows on SSB. In addition to some local
contacts, the 10-10 contest helped put signals on the band so I dug out my old
10-10 number and exchanged reports with a dozen stations, most of them in
5-land.

Of the 329 contacts, 253 were on CW and 76 were on Phone. I did not operate any
RTTY during MnQP. Toward the end of the MnQP I did hear RTTY stations on 40m
with pretty strong signals. There is a Mexico FMRE contest this weekend so
that's probably what generated that digital activity.