[3830] ARRLDX CW W2IRT SOAB(A) HP

webform at b4h.net webform at b4h.net
Sun Feb 17 20:13:16 EST 2008

                    ARRL DX Contest, CW

Call: W2IRT
Operator(s): W2IRT
Station: W2IRT

Class: SOAB(A) HP
QTH: New Jersey

   10:    4     3
-------------------
Total:  861   310  Total Score = 800,730

Club: Frankford Radio Club

Comments:

Propagation about as bad as I've ever seen in an International DX contest. 15
was a no-show all weekend for the most part -- at least from the northeastern
US. Very limited openings to Europe and much less to South America and the
Caribbean than normal. Needless to say, 10 was as flat as a pancake. Although
20m was the money-band, activity on Sunday was very light, as was Saturday
overnight.

There were a few nice surprises this year; good to see 4U1UN show up on all
bands, including 160 and of course a very strong presence by the VP6DX team. I
was also very happy that my station behaved itself beautifully all weekend
long.

Here's hoping we get better propagation on the higher bands for the SSB version
in 2 weeks!