[3830] ARRLDX CW H7/K9GY(@YN2N) SOAB LP

webform at b4h.net webform at b4h.net
Sun Feb 17 21:32:08 EST 2008

                    ARRL DX Contest, CW

Call: H7/K9GY
Operator(s): K9GY
Station: YN2N

Class: SOAB LP
QTH: EK71em

   20: 1009    57
   15: 1137    57
   10:    0     0
-------------------
Total: 3758   258  Total Score = 2,908,692

Club: Society of Midwest Contesters

Comments:

Me encanta esto! (I love this!)

Many thanks to Bonnie (my XYL) who let me leave on Valentine's Day.
Also a big thank you to wonderful hosts Octavio and Martha.

I think my Spanish is getting somewhat better with these trips to Central Am.

Now if I can just learn to send CW, type, and not sleep I'll be ready for the
next contest, hah.

Huge pileups on 15m from 18-22z Day 1...Wow! On Day 2 it was mentioned that my
15m signal had a spur about 1 to 2 kcs up...so maybe time for the shop?

15 hours of 100+ rate (13 on Day 1...two on Day 2).

10m was dead...although I see the V3 gang made some Qs...umm must of missed
something there! Had a bandpass filter in place but couldn't have the 817 on
when I was on 15m so I need to rethink that approach.

Downloaded getscores about ten mins before the contest started, hah! Would be
nice to see more participants post their scores though.

It was great to defrost from the Chicago winter...we got a lot of snow this yr.

FT-857D
FT-817 on 10m QRX using 30m dipole
MicroHam USB interface II (bought a week ago!)
WriteLog 10.65c

Antennas at YN2N antenna farm:
Dipoles for 160, 80, and 40
3L beam for 20, 15, 10.

If you're interested in a great contest location for WPX SSB then Octavio has
rental availability during that time http://www.yn2n.com

Best of health to all,
Eric