[3830] ARRLDX CW W6ZL SOAB LP

webform at b4h.net webform at b4h.net
Sun Feb 17 23:40:08 EST 2008

                    ARRL DX Contest, CW

Call: W6ZL
Operator(s): W6ZL
Station: W6ZL

Class: SOAB LP
QTH: CA

   10:   10     8
-------------------
Total:  283   119  Total Score = 101,031

A small effort from a small station, all S&P, low power.

My last ARRL DX was 2004 with 417 Q's and 217K points. Back then, I had 250 Q's
on 10 and 15 M combined. This year, only had 75 Q's combined on 10 and 15. Only
half the number of JA's worked this year. Unusual and creative cut number power
levels being sent from Brazil - AK, NNN, etc. kept things interesting.

Thanks to KH7Y, KH6LC, and PJ2T for hearing me on 5 bands, 80 - 10.

Goals were 100 mults and 100K points. Made both, but was close at the end, went
to 40M right at the end and found OK5R for a new mult that pushed the total over
100K.

Worked VP6DX on 40 and 10 during the contest, didn't try on bands that I'd
already worked them. They hear very well down there - great operators!

73,

Dave / W6ZL