[3830] ARRLDX CW NN3W(@N3HBZ) SOAB(A) HP

webform at b4h.net webform at b4h.net
Sun Feb 17 23:43:30 EST 2008

                    ARRL DX Contest, CW

Call: NN3W
Operator(s): NN3W
Station: N3HBZ

Class: SOAB(A) HP
QTH: MD

   40:  788   100
   20: 1268   109
   15:  139    69
   10:    8     5
-------------------
Total: 2369   415  Total Score = 3,284,310

Club: Potomac Valley Radio Club

Comments:

OUCH!

Thanks to John N3HBX for the continued use of the farm.  Tower 3 was not
movable owing to control box issues; one Orion was spazzing out midway through
the test and one FT1000 basically died.

That was a HARD contest.  Was originally unassisted but was so frustrated by
the way things were progressing, that I decided to have fun instead and play DX
chaser.  Worked lots of DX, was called by some rare DX, got into a VERY nasty
frequency fight with an Eastern European guy, completed a six band sweep with
all of TWO stations, slept a little, and took comfort in the fact that
conditions cannot. possibly. get. any. worse. than. this.    I am a single op,
but when I hear that K3LR and W3LPLs 10 meter counts were less than my age, its
really bad.

Now I need to ponder if I'm really stupid enough to repeat this two weeks from