[3830] ARRLDX CW WN6K SOAB LP

webform at b4h.net webform at b4h.net
Mon Feb 18 03:17:13 EST 2008

                    ARRL DX Contest, CW

Call: WN6K
Operator(s): WN6K
Station: WN6K

Class: SOAB LP
QTH: CA

  160:    0     0
   10:    6     5
-------------------
Total:  462   139  Total Score = 192,654

Club: Southern California Contest Club

Comments:

Interesting two days...

High bands 20/15 closed early so not many JAs... and too early for wire dipoles
to do anything til darkness sets in...

Saturday morning there was opening to EU...but felt like I was negative dB as
there were many calls, flutter, and struggles to get my call right...and only
12 mults from EU... next day the opening was 'easier' in that if I heard em, I
seemed  to work em...easier than the day before.

Worked VP6DX on four bands and after working them on 10m, I thought well they
were so loud, this band is going to open...other than a few LUs and one CX...
there was not a hope in that department.

WHen things were 'done' I picked up my novel and read a couple of hundred pages
so the contest was not a total loss...

WN6K, Paul