[3830] ARRLDX CW K4RO SOAB HP

webform at b4h.net webform at b4h.net
Mon Feb 18 08:32:03 EST 2008

                    ARRL DX Contest, CW

Call: K4RO
Operator(s): K4RO
Station: K4RO

Class: SOAB HP
QTH: TN

   10:    6     3
-------------------
Total:  686   222  Total Score = 455,544

Club: Tennessee Contest Group

Comments:

Maybe I'll actually remember to submit my log this year.
Conditions were down, but I managed to have a good time.
Any time I can run JA is fun contesting. What great ops
they are.

There are still far too many DX stations not sending their
call signs frequently enough.  Sending "TU" is a high-rate
technique that requires skill to do properly. It is not
appropriate when you are working one station per minute,
for example. I heard lots of stations pileups turn into a
mess, simply because they didn't ID frequently enough.

SP3BQ had the strongest and most consistent 160m signal.
I accidentally called HG6N at 70WPM. Not sure how; I must
have rested my hand on the page up key. I heard what sounded
like RTTY tones come from my TX, and then HG6N comes right
back with my call sign. Now that's a good CW op. :-)

Conditions can only get better from here.
Wait. Didn't we say that last year?

73

-Kirk  K4RO