[3830] ARRLDX CW K4EA SOSB/15 HP

webform at b4h.net webform at b4h.net
Mon Feb 18 09:09:24 EST 2008

                    ARRL DX Contest, CW

Call: K4EA
Operator(s): K4EA
Station: K4EA

Class: SOSB/15 HP
QTH: GA

Total:  150    67  Total Score = 29,949

Club: South East Contest Club

Comments:

A very frustrating contest for me.  A new powerline noise source from the south
raised its ugly head last week. Well over S9 noise from anywhere south of the
East-West line.  As most QSO's were from the south, I just could not hear any
signals less that S7.  CQ's in that direction were out of the question.  After
seeing the scores from the M/M and M/2 stations I realy saw how bad I was
doing.  Most stations were worked with my antenna over North Africa or North
Pacific as I could best null out the noise in those directions.

Even so, there were a few highlights.  VP6DX was QSO #2. Was called by
7Q7BP,ZD7X and A35RK (off the back). TI5N called me on Sunday while running :)
Europe.  Could not even tell he was there when I switched to the south antenna.
 He signal was weak but Q5, and and QRP too.  After shutting down for an hour
while the T-Storms went through, at 2200 I worked JR1CBC with a S9+10 signal.
Then Cq'd and ran :) JA's for about 10 minutes before the band shut down.  Most
likley missed the first part of the opening.

My apologies to all who called that i could not copy through the noise and many
thanks to the patient ones who put up with my constant request for repeats.

Neal, K4EA