[3830] ARRLDX CW KA3DRR SOAB LP

webform at b4h.net webform at b4h.net
Mon Feb 18 12:30:44 EST 2008

                    ARRL DX Contest, CW

Call: KA3DRR
Operator(s): KA3DRR
Station: KA3DRR

Class: SOAB LP
QTH: CA

  160:   0      0
   80:   1      1
   40:  21      8
   20:  44     12
   15:  27     12
   10:   0      0
-------------------
Total:  93     33  Total Score = 9,108

Club: Northern California Contest Club

Comments:

Had lots of Ham Radio fun this weekend despite conditions. My overall rate
reached 17 per hour mostly search and pounce (SP). Called CQ a few times but
measured it against SP production and SP produced better results. I maintained
a scratch pad for missed multipliers as well. Worked a few from the scratch pad
through Sunday afternoon. Fifty watts this time around and an improved wire
antenna system really made the difference. However I have yet to work a single
Eu and/or African station in any contest thus far. I'm hearing them but not
working them yet! Overall, a fun contest and many thanks to the Caribbean
operators who worked hard at pulling my signal from just above the noise floor.
Many thanks as well to those JA-stations with great signals on 20- and 40-Meters
that made a big point differential in my log.

73, Scot KA3DRR