[3830] ARRLDX CW VE3FRX SOSB/80 LP

webform at b4h.net webform at b4h.net
Mon Feb 18 15:45:00 EST 2008

                    ARRL DX Contest, CW

Call: VE3FRX
Operator(s): VE3FRX
Station: VE3FRX

Class: SOSB/80 LP
QTH: Varna, ON

   80:  92     50
Total:  92     50  Total Score = 13,500

Wow!  Great conditions both nights, but noise wiped me out in the last 3 hours
and the EU signals faded out.
Used my 90ft longwire at 25-30ft (no horizontal portion) and managed to work
into VK, VR6, ZK running 90 watts.
Still using the old TS-140S with 500 rarrow filter.  Tried running, but only
managed to get two zero point calls from N8 and VA3.  So the rest was digging
them out of the noise and QRM.  And what's with the idiots tuning up on the DX
frequency!  Left a lot of Q's out of the log because the Exchange was lost and
the pileup resumed.  Still learning, I guess.  Ah, but what fun!
N1MM worked great and the real-time scoring was fun too, even though I was the
only SOSB/80 logged on!
Thanks for the contacts and all the new countries on 80m!  Starting to love
this point in the cycle.
73,
Jeff, VE3FRX.