[3830] ARRLDX CW W1NK SOSB/40 HP

webform at b4h.net webform at b4h.net
Tue Feb 19 12:49:16 EST 2008

                    ARRL DX Contest, CW

Call: W1NK
Operator(s): W1NK
Station: W1NK

Class: SOSB/40 HP
QTH: CT

Total:  180    68  Total Score = 36,720

Although I'm a "dedicated" S&P'er, I decided this year to spend more time trying
to run stations. Also this was the first DX Contest that I operated Single Band.

I now have a new appreciation for those guys (and gals) who spend time "in the
chair" logging back to back Qs, sorting out calls and trying to pick out the
weak ones. My run times were short, and I can only imagine what it's like doing
that for hours on end. I never thought running could be so mentally draining.

So, to all those patient (and I mean patient...especially in the last
hour)stations who gave me a Q and a multiplier or two, thanks.

See you next year.

Frank, W1NK