[3830] ARRLDX CW W1AF M/S HP

webform at b4h.net webform at b4h.net
Tue Feb 19 16:14:46 EST 2008

                    ARRL DX Contest, CW

Call: W1AF
Operator(s): NF1R, W1CMC
Station: W1AF

Class: M/S HP
QTH: MA

  160:    0     0
   15:   10     9
   10:    0     0
-------------------
Total:  368   144  Total Score = 158,544

Club: Yankee Clipper Contest Club

Comments:

Was great to have newly licensed ham and YCCC member Chip, W1CMC in the shack.
He made a couple S&P QSOs and is well on his way to becoming a QRQ master.

Spent too much time DXing on 40 and 80 Friday night in the S8 noise.  I should
have gone to bed earlier Friday and tried running EU Saturday and Sunday
mornings.

Chip and I installed N1MM and used it for the first time.  It made a huge
difference to have computer control, though I suspect that the packet bandmap
function may have lured me to dwell too long on the S&P and focus too little on
trying to run.

73,
Clayton
NF1R