[3830] NCCC Sprint K4BAI LP

webform at b4h.net webform at b4h.net
Fri Feb 22 08:04:07 EST 2008

                    NCCC Sprint - Feb 22

Call: K4BAI
Operator(s): K4BAI
Station: K4BAI

Class: Single Op LP
QTH: GA

  160:   2      2
   80:  23     12
   40:  17     10
Total:  42     24  Total Score = 1,008

Club: South East Contest Club

Comments:

FT1000MP, 100W, zepp, dipole, inverted vee, "t" vertical.  40M had been short 90
minutes earlier in the QRP Fox Hunt with good signals from the west coast and
the north east and mid west.  But, by 0330Z, it was long.  Only mid west
station worked was W8UE.  Heard, but could not raise, W9RE, K9BGL and N4AF.
Did get W4NZ and K1GU in TN on ground wave or backscatter.  I assume the latter
since the signals were better on the west antenna.  N4LF in FL was very loud at
the beginning, but not heard later.  KZ5D in LA was weak just before 0330Z, but
Art's signal built steadily as we worked three times on 40.  N6RO and W7WHY had
nice signals from the west coast, but W7OM was very weak on 40.  Rod was OK on
80, but no QSO there.  80 had good signals from everywhere but the west coast.
N6RO had the best west coast signal, with W7WHY, W7OM, and K6NV (no QSO)
readable.  Other signals were good but there were strong QRN crashes.  I tried
the last few minutes on 160, but without the good results I had there last
week.  Did work W4NZ and W0BH for mults, but missed out on calls to K9BGL,
W9RE, N4AF, K1GU, and N6RO.  Lots of fun as always.  Thanks for the QSOs.  Hope
to work many of you in CQ 160 SSB this weekend.  Great to work VE4XT on 40 and
80 with a very good signal, probably the strongest I have heard Kelly in a long
time.  73, John, K4BAI.