[3830] CQ160 SSB N7AP Multi-Op HP

webform at b4h.net webform at b4h.net
Sun Feb 24 19:03:02 EST 2008

                    CQ 160-Meter Contest, SSB

Call: N7AP
Operator(s): N7RQ K8IA
Station: N7AP

Class: Multi-Op HP
QTH: AZ

Total:  QSOs = 853  State/Prov = 55  Countries = 13  Total Score = 132,872

Club: Central Arizona DX Association

Comments:

Ten-Tec Orion II, Alpha 91B, 78 ft vertical (shunt fed tower, omega
matched) with approx 60 radials, K9AY Rx Loops.

This was the inaugural appearance of the Butt Nekked Contest Club, N7AP
callsign. The Charter Members of this prestigious group are known, far
and wide, for their contesting prowess, most while in a, lets say, "air
conditioned mode". These folks are the best there is, in their city
block anyway. Its hard to mess with their success.;-)

"Keep It In The Chair". QRZ.com explains it all.

Conditions seemed better than last year, although we were surprised by
lack of DX both years. This year wasnt plagued by the continual rapid
QSB that was so challenging last year. The east coast signals,
especially from the LP folks, were weaker than last year.

Thanks to those US stations that stuck with multiple repeats sometimes
needed by us. This year, we were plagued by new multi-source noises off
to the northeast that kept the S-meter at solid S4, unusual for this
QTH. Nulling and steering wouldnt work so we just had to tough it out.
Since 90+% of the q's we do here peak on the NE loop, and a good 5-7%
of signals were well below this noise, this was a lot of toughing it
out, for sure.

CU all in ARRL DX SSB next weekend!

73/88,
Sandy N7RQ, Trustee BNCC
Bob K8IA, Trash Remover/Dung Cleanup Detail, BNCC
Arizona USA
"Keep It In The Chair"