[3830] CQ160 SSB W3DQ Single Op HP

webform at b4h.net webform at b4h.net
Sun Feb 24 20:20:43 EST 2008

                    CQ 160-Meter Contest, SSB

Call: W3DQ
Operator(s): W3DQ
Station: W3DQ

Class: Single Op HP
QTH: Washington, DC

Total:  QSOs = 449  State/Prov = 50  Countries = 5  Total Score = 57,090

Club: Potomac Valley Radio Club

Comments:

This was the best of times and the worst of times.

I could never get the antenna situation(s) resolved.  The inverted-L seems to
be getting lower and lower, and it was very hard to get a decent match.
Fortunately, the amp (TT Herc II) is very forgiving, so I was able to get
*some* power.  The RX antennas simply don't work, so there were lots of folks
on the edge or not heard at all. Sorry 'bout that!

And while my audio may have been pretty funky, I had the best hourly rates I've
ever had on topband -- Saturday night 23:50 to 02:50 was phenomenal. Now that's
what I call fun!

Thanks to all... will be working hard to get both antenna problems resolved!

Eric W3DQ
Washington, DC