[3830] CQ160 SSB I2WIJ(@IQ2MI) Single Op HP

webform at b4h.net webform at b4h.net
Mon Feb 25 17:05:51 EST 2008

                    CQ 160-Meter Contest, SSB

Call: I2WIJ
Operator(s): I2WIJ
Station: IQ2MI

Class: Single Op HP
QTH: Milano

Total:  QSOs = 330  State/Prov = 8  Countries = 48  Total Score = 91,728

Club: ARIMI DX TEAM

Comments:

Less than 10 hours of operations.
I just missed both afternoons/early evenings into Asia.
I operated both mornings from 04.30z onward, and the sunday late evening.
I enjoyed some European pileups and was also rewarding to work some
USA and Central America stations on the first call, but then
having difficult in copying their report!. No VE heard.

Thanks to my Radio Club for letting me use the IQ2MI station setup.
IC765, Ameritron AL-1200, Inverted L.

City noise was disturbing a lot. Unfortunately we do not have
any dedicated receiving antenna (beverage, loop or similar).
A K9AY would be a good compromise, and we'll look to have something
in the next future.
Thanks to all for the contacts.
CU next one.
Bob, I2WIJ