[3830] ARRLDX CW E7/DK6XZ(@T91EZC) SOSB/20 HP

webform at b4h.net webform at b4h.net
Tue Feb 26 13:11:04 EST 2008

                    ARRL DX Contest, CW

Call: E7/DK6XZ
Operator(s): DK6XZ
Station: T91EZC

Class: SOSB/20 HP
QTH: Smetovi nr. Zenica

   20: 1218    58
Total: 3414    58  Total Score = 198,012

CONTEST  : ARRL-DX-CW

CATEGORY : SINGLE-OP 20M HIGH

CALLSIGN : E7/DK6XZ

OPERATORS: DK6XZ

CLUB     : BOSNIA AND HERZEGOVINA CONTEST CLUB

LOCATION : Smetovi Mountain, near Zenica ( T91EZC )

NAME     : Suad Zukic
ADDRESS  : Gymnasiumstr. 104
           75175 Pforzheim
           Germany

E-MAIL   : DK6XZ at T-ONLINE.DE

 Band       QSOs    Points     Multiplier
   14     1218      3414       58
 TOTAL    1218      3414       58

SCORE :     198012
===================

Remarks:
********

Hello!

It was nice that I was again able to connect my business trip to
Slovenia/Croatia with the Contest-Weekend. So I came to the location on
the top of mountain Smetovi ( ~ 1000 m ASL ) at Friday; some of my friends
( T94KM, T99W ) and the equipment with me.

Thanks to my Club, T91EZC, allowing me to use the opportunities of
this wonderful contest location.

But, this time I had multiple unpleasent experiances... One of that was
enormous storm that happened on Saturday. I was said, it was probably
the strongest storm ( snow and strong winds ) of the last 10 years.

Thanks to static electricity ( QRNN ) and its sudden discharge trough
the coax my RX becomes death at late Saturday afternoon!! Disappointed,
I switched off the box - middle in the best opening to NA - and went to sleep!

But the two hours sleep did well to my body and the soul. Awaiken, I felt
no angry, but being still really disappointed with my bad luck. The RX-relays
are demaged now, but I am able to continue the work ( with special technic I
learned in last CQ WW DX C SSB ). At the late evening hours the counter shows
650 Qs in the log. Not extreme bad! It was confirmed by Braco, T93J, who told
me by telephone that hi and his stuff is not excited with propagations on 20
meters as well.

May be Sunnday would make some things better...

( I was targeting 1300 - 1500 Qs until the end of the competition.)

Enjoyment came really on Sunnday: it was a cold but clear and sunny day.
I was refreshed and cooled down from the Saturdays stress...

CURIOSITY/DUPES:
****************
Many callers I had already in my log wanted me again... So without any
complains I made exchange with anybody who was calling me. There were
guys logging me even for the 3th time!! I tought, at the time of
electronic logging, there would be a good reason why someones logging
software is not recognizing my callsign as dupe. Simply, I was logged
wrong before: the long call with new and unusual prefix made troubles
to some guys. As I was caller on someones QRG - it happened several times -
confirmations of type came: R EZ/DK6XZ TU ... correction ... AGN ... AGN ...

Something about 80 of total Qs were duplicates.

Generally, I found it - under given circumstances - very difficult to be a
caller and spent the most time CQing, slowing down punctually with my
callsign to 24/25 WPM.

At the end, my plan was not reached. I was very close to, but missed
some additional - realistic - 120 QSOs. Anyway, I had my fun and was
able to collect some new experiences. Congratulations to HB0/N0MX-team!
Mario, DJ2MX & Co were able to collect over 1400 Qs on 20 m with ( what? )
portable antennas. Fine job really.

E7 ... T9-YU4-9A11 ( DISTRIBUTION OF E7 PREFIX )
The confusion trough some from Bosnia and Herzegowina used prefixes is
going to find its end in soonest time! Actually, the representatives
of four HAM-organizations in the country intended to conference at Smetovi,
starting on Contest-Saturday. Due to extreme weather, the meeting-place
changed
to close city of Zenica. It was obviously a successful and constructive
conference, so that the system ( regulation ) was found and finally agreed,
how to distribute the new, official, E7-prefix, in all of the political
entities and trough all of the amateur radio organizations in the country.
Special thanks to Amir, T95O who have iniciated and supported this important
meeting.

The Regulatory Agency is now about to answer the very first applications
to E7 prefix, that is going to be used by all HAMs in Bosnia and Herzegovina.
Some more weeks it is going to last ... but the implementation of ITU-decission

have finally started!

Will see you in one of the next...

Warm regards

Suad, DK6XZ

Equipment: YAESU FT-1000 MP + KENWOOD TL922 ( 700 W )
Antenna: CUSHCRAFT X7 @30m - 7L TRIBANDER
Paddle: KENT
PC: TOSHIBA SATELLITE PIII 1GHz + UCXLog programm

"I have observed all competition rules as well as
 all regulations for Amateur Radio in my country.
 My report is correct and true to the best of my knowledge."

                          Signed   Suad Zukic