[3830] CQ160 CW CU2A(OH2MM) Single Op HP

webform at b4h.net webform at b4h.net
Wed Feb 27 02:33:12 EST 2008

                    CQ 160-Meter Contest, CW

Call: CU2A
Operator(s): OH2MM
Station: CU2CE

Class: Single Op HP
QTH: Azores

Total:  QSOs = 1392  State/Prov = 56  Countries = 77  Total Score = 1,349,152

Club: Contest Club Finland

Comments:

TNX to Jose CU2CE for offering his FB QTH.
TNX to Martti OH2BH who took care of the logistics.

The rig:
FT1000MP with a linear with 1 kW out.

The antennas:
Inverted-V with apex at 30 meters
L-vertical with elevated radials
K9AY loop

Problems:
The K9AY loop was useless due to an unknown man-made noise.
I could only listen with the transmitting antennas.

The propagation was fair on Saturday, and more or less poor on Sunday.
At least the rates were low on Sunday, maybe also due to lack of participants.
Would like to have more participants to this fine contest.

I was a bit disappointed with the low number of QSOs.
That was probably due to my strategy to do S&P instead of making endless CQs
with very few answers. It's sometimes more fun to listen around the band.

Last year, operating the same station, Martti, OH2BH, made 500 QSOs more.

73, Ville OH2MM