[3830] RAC Winter W0BH M/S HP

webform at b4h.net webform at b4h.net
Tue Jan 1 16:56:47 EST 2008

                    RAC Winter Contest

Call: W0BH
Operator(s): W0BH
Station: W0BH

Class: M/S HP
QTH: KS

  160:   51      3        3        1
   80:  104    119        7        7
   40:   67     55        6        4
   20:  170    293        9       11
   15:   10      1        4        1
Total:  402     29      471       24  Total Score = 253,022

The past few summers, we vacationed in Canada, so I look forward to the RAC
contests and the chance to perhaps chat with some of the friendly hams we met
north of the border. This year, 41% of my contacts were with VE-land stations,
down a bit from last year but still a good percentage.

Conditions were interesting - 40 was tough until the end of the contest when I
should have moved there sooner, 80 and 160 were noisy and hard work, 20 was
good, and 15 sporadic. Nothing heard on 10. I didn't catch VY0 or VY2 on any
band, although I heard several stations working a VY2 on 20 which I couldn't
hear. Heard very faint VE2 and VE3 on 15 but they couldn't hear me.

Had some help finding a mult from a helpful ham who was probably reading right
off a cluster. Not sure if that makes me M/S, but listed myself that way just
in case.

Thanks for all the stateside and DX Qs (38) as well .. they certainly kept
things lively!  Happy New Year to all!

73, Bob, w0bh